Help With Templates In Dreamweaver 8

Maltease14 04:17 26 Apr 06

Hey everyone, I'm new to dreamweaver 8 (i have never used any dreamweaver before this one) and also new to the forums. I need some help with editable regions in templates.

I am currently making a website using a template from dreamweaver 8. However, i want to be able to insert new pages without having to re-do all my formatting (the template pages are for eg green and i want them red, i want to be able to save my formatting as a template so i wouldnt have to redo all my work each time.

i thought that i'd make a template, which i did, however i dont understand the whole editable pages thing. I want to make the Entire page editable, as the template is going to be a basic layout of my page.

is it possible for me to make the entire page editable? and if so is this a good idea? are there any other (better) ways of doing what i am trying to do?

SUM UP: I want to make the entire template page editable

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

P.S one more thing, does anyone know any great tutorials for dreamweaver 8 (preferrably free)

AndySD 22:45 26 Apr 06

Tutorials - go to your local library there are plenty of books Dreamweaver MX will be fine, I would recomend you ask for click here the QuickStart books.

Its not sensable to make the whole page editable as there are times you may want to change areas, eg a new logo at the top or a change in the menu if its editable you may well have to change every page and not the template.

click here

Maltease14 08:40 27 Apr 06

ok, thanks a lot. i've sort of fixed this up now. Thanks for the tutorial advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…