Help on this system please

LufcTuck 13:23 14 Oct 09

Hi, i started doing computing last year at college and have decided to go into web designing. Im only at very basic level and i am going to purchase a new computer to run the required software. E.g, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks.. that kind of stuff. Im not really up on the hardware side of things so here what iv built on Dinopc.com ( anyone used them before? )
Just wanted to know what people thought of the system and what i dont really need or what i may need to add. Feed back would be a massive help! Thanks Alot!

Budget: Around £500 (for the tower alone)

Main Specs:

CPU: Intelcore 2 quad - Q8200
CPU Cooler: Standard
Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD
RAM: 8GB DD3 1333Mhz 4x2GB
Harddrive: 1TB sata
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB
PSU: 500W

All of those can be upgraded/downgraded if not required.

Any feedback would be helpful, like i said.. not well up on this stuff so be kind but thruthful :)

Thanks in advance

Terry Brown 13:54 14 Oct 09

I would say that these specifications are more than enough, unless you want to start making your own HD movies.

Why don't you ask the College about what requirements you need, as they will have experience from previous terms and classes.
Terry

LufcTuck 13:58 14 Oct 09

Yeah i have asked, there are just bits and bobs they said i could change.
One said i needed a better PSU, more than 500W
Also another point was that it doesnt come with and OS on it, i have it on a disc that college allow you a copy of.

Would it be a problem to install vista onto the system? its the 64-bit version i have.

I have also just been looking at this, click here , i'd presume this comes with vista already on the system?

Thanks for the reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant