Help and Support Problem

Press Man 23:27 23 Oct 04

Hi Guys,

Can somebody please help, when I click on the Index tab in help & support all I get is a blank page and a 'box' top left, with coloured triangles in it. I have tried sys restore, "fixwinmehelp" and pchealth.inf 'install', all to no avail. Can I reinstall help & support, or is it a "clean install" (hope not). OS, ME.
Thanks in advance of any help.

VoG II 23:37 23 Oct 04
  Press Man 23:47 23 Oct 04

Tried the fix, but still the same? no change.

VoG II 23:59 23 Oct 04
  Press Man 00:19 24 Oct 04

Still no joy??

VoG II 00:31 24 Oct 04

You could try a repair installation of ME.

First you need to enter the BIOS. This normally means pressing a key, or combination of keys, immediately after switch-on. A message to this effect usually flashes up on the screen when you switch on, such as "To enter setup press Del". Other common BIOS codes are listed at click here.

When the BIOS screen appears you will see a set of menu options. Look for one labelled Boot or Startup and select the item Boot Order, or First Boot; this will be set to HD0, HD1 or the serial number of your hard disk drive.

Change the setting to read CD, CD-Rom or the serial number of your CD/DVD-Rom drive, Save the Change and Exit the BIOS. Open the CD-Rom drive, insert your ME disk and restart your computer.

You should now get the option of an over-the-top (or repair) installation of ME. It is now 3 years since I had ME so I'm sorry that I cannot be more precise. However, I followed this procedure more than once with ME and it worked. It will just replace Windows files, not your documents and so on. However, as always, if you have anything really important on there, back up first.

NSG 17:27 25 Oct 04

After installing SP2 Help and Support page not available after clicking, Start/Help and Support.

Press Man 01:45 26 Oct 04

Carried out a clean install, thought it would be better. All seems fine for now!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…