Help and support missing in XP

rob92 09:58 04 Apr 04

I have installed XP and when I co to start, help and support nothing happens. I have tried everything to get it back, including reinstalling XP, using the tool at dougknox.com,and a few others, and still nothing? can anyone give me any others ideas?

rawprawn 10:10 04 Apr 04

See if this helps click here

rawprawn 10:13 04 Apr 04

Or this click here if you type missing help & support into google you will find a lot of similar problems.

temp003 10:15 04 Apr 04

Have you restarted after applying the dougknox fix?

click here and see if there are any fixes you haven't tried.

rob92 10:28 04 Apr 04

thanks for your responses, unfortunately I have tried all already, I was trying to fix the problem for about 7 hours yesterday.

rawprawn 10:53 04 Apr 04

Have you run system file check ?

Graham ® 10:59 04 Apr 04

Try this click here

©®@$? 11:04 04 Apr 04

Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work: Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver and Start/Run/CMD: regsvr32 /u hhctrl.ocx.

To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

©®@$? 11:06 04 Apr 04

should say try this one first

1) Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver and Start/Run/CMD: regsvr32 /u hhctrl.ocx.

then try help and support, if it still doesn't work try this one

2) To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

rob92 13:08 04 Apr 04

Its driving me insane now, tried everything and still no help and support. If the pc was for me I could live with it, but it has been built for a beginner who will probably use help quite often.

Giggle n' Bits 00:51 05 Apr 04

only noticed it by mistake until one of my customers pulled me up on it. If possible restore back to before all the windows updates you have done.

Now download all the Windows updates BUT NOT NO's
832894, 811630 or the Roll-up.

Then after reboot and INSTALL > 832894, 811630 and also install the Roll-up reboot and walla.

Please return, put a call out for me or mail my folder if you still have probs.

Its just seems the case of the order the Windows Updates are installed and I know it sounds really daft sounds simle but Why Microsoft didn't suss this out I never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…