Help and Support

Vicoli 16:42 04 Jul 03

I may have accadentally removed the Help and Support file in windows XP (shredded it completely). Can I recover it using XP cd. How do I go about that, or can I recover it any other way? Thanks ANYONE!

bvw in bristol 17:29 04 Jul 03

Did you use Easy Cleaner as this breaks Help and Support in XP?

If so, there is a fix.

Vicoli 17:38 04 Jul 03

I may have used some cleaner, but I think I shredded it using Steganos .

beeuuem 17:51 04 Jul 03

To reinstall Help and Support:

Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

Vicoli 10:52 05 Jul 03

I must need more help to get to where you suggest. WhenI follow your first instruction I get to pchealth notepad. Install files are listed ,but I cannot right click anywhere. How do I get the c:\windows\inf\pchealth.inf. to open?
I did get to the control folders and did as you said. Also when do I insert cd and then what? Please remember I am only a novice! Thanks.

VoG II 11:07 05 Jul 03

When you've located pchealth.inf right click on it. A menu should appear including "Install" (the second one down on my system). Select that option.

When prompted, insert your Windows disk in the drive.

Vicoli 21:39 05 Jul 03

When I try to bring up the Windows \inf\pchealth.inf file all I get is a notepad list; nothing to click . When I look in pchealth folders I see, help files(empty), installed SKUs (empty) BATCH (empty) System-OEM (empty) Temp (empty). So I can't get to a stage where I can use my XP cd. Will I have to clear the hard disk and re-install XP from cd ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…