//some 3rd party need geo

Help and support

Williams 17:14 06 Feb 03

I use Windows XP but when I enter Start - Help and Support or Start - Control Panel - Help and Support I get the error message " Windows cannot find "helpctr.exe" Make sure you typed the name correctly " As I have not typed anything what do I do get rid of this message

JoeC 17:31 06 Feb 03

putting your XP CD in the tray, then going Start > Run then type in ( or copy and paste this ) sfc /scannow , note the space between sfc and /. This will repair / replace any corrupt or damaged files.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:48 06 Feb 03

You been running EasyCleaner? i you have.....There is a known problem in Windows ME & XP, that is when the registry scan is ran and all the items are deleted, Windows help system doesn't work anymore. The workaround to this problem is just to ADD the word help to the skip-list.

To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default to stop idle hands. Go to Start/Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

G

Williams 18:02 06 Feb 03

Re previous message, thanks Joe & GANDALF but My PC came with XP installed and I do not have a CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…