Help and support.

kito62 10:07 30 Jan 08

After running my Registry Cleaner last night, I find I can no longer access Help and Support.
No message as to why, so no chance to run Systems Restore.

Also Outlook Express will not allow e-mails to be opened. This may be a further clue to the problem.?

BurrWalnut 10:21 30 Jan 08

Presumably XP?

If so, try this, Start > Run, type services.msc and press Enter. Scroll down to Help and Support and double click it. Click the Start button in the dialog box and change the Startup type to Automatic.

or this, go to Start > Run, type regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx (note the space) and press Enter.

birdface 10:25 30 Jan 08

Right click my computer.Properties.System restore.Does it not work on there.

BurrWalnut 10:26 30 Jan 08

I forgot the Outlook Express question.

The two errors are odd 'bedfellows' and I wonder whether you've caught 'something' nasty.

Why did you run a registry cleaner?

kito62 11:00 30 Jan 08

" Cannot open Services32 file " is the message now.

kito62 11:07 30 Jan 08

" Why did you run a registry cleaner? "

I think that question should be, " Why, oh Why, did you run a Registry Cleaner. "?

Call it tampering in a free moment.
Lesson learned.!!

Hawy 11:21 30 Jan 08

Have a look here No. 235 click here

bof:) 11:33 30 Jan 08

Hi Kito62, when are you getting the error message about Services32 file?

have a look here for details about Services32.exe file.

click here

If your error message is mentioning 'Services32.exe' file you may have a virus problem.

Notice the .exe bit on the end, is this the same as the message you are getting?

If so,it would be a good idea to update and run your antivirus program plus any malware programes you have to see if they find any thing.

Also, did you download and install anything lately ie before you did the registery clearance? If so what?

I've just searched my pc for System32 and found 2 folders one at C:\i386 and the other at C:\

Mike

bof:) 11:42 30 Jan 08

oops sorry pressed send by mistake.

and the other at C:\WINDOWS\system32 these are ok and important as far as I'm aware (do not delete them...come back for more help).

So if you do a search are you getting a different location for your System32 file/folder etc?

PS I'm using windowsXP Home.

Mike

kito62 12:02 30 Jan 08

Yep, Windows XP Home. Didn't download anything prior to running Reg Cleaner, but have a problem with my interpretation of my messages as they are in German, so not always 100% sure.

I can hear you al groaning from here. LOL.

bof:) 12:07 30 Jan 08

have you had a go at running your antivirus program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…