help starting pc window 7

martan 12:45 27 Mar 14
Answered

hi all can anybody help me with a starting problem on a tower i am getting an error message reading

c:\users\new\app data\local\conduit\background container\background container.dll

on the message it says rundll at the top that problem only occured today and i have done a system restore but i failed

anybody know how i can clear this error please

thank you

martan

martyn

Jollyjohn 13:15 27 Mar 14

Try System Restore again, go back at least 2 days.

If no success then try starting in Safe Mode - tap F8 as pc starts.

Go to control panel - programs and uninstall anything installed in the last 2 days

Tick the box to "Show updates" and look for Internet Explorer. Tick to remove this. It will not uninstall IE but roll it back one version and remove the Conduit Search browser hijacker that has upset your computer

Reboot and if successful download and run Malwarebytes.

Then carefully consider what you have attempted to download / install in the last 2 days. Conduit has piggy backed in on something.

If using an alternative browser to IE, uninstall it and re install it but do not Import anything from IE.

onthelimit1 17:59 27 Mar 14
Answer

Try the advice here

martan 18:41 27 Mar 14

thank you all for the help i have cured the problem

martyn

martan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…