Help, Start and taskbar not working

TommyRed 13:02 01 Sep 03

After what must have been a corrupt download of Grokster P2P programme I am unable to use the above items. They will work occasionally once I've entered something on the desktop, usually My Computer. Managed to get to Explorer and manually remove it, but there's obvisously still some left. Tried to download Spybot S & D but it won't complete. Any ideas? TR

TommyRed 14:30 01 Sep 03

Managed to find some other programs in 'add/remove programs' which I was able to delete, then completed the download of Spybot and removed the rest of it. Phew that was lucky, P2P is extremely dangerous, they put so much crap on your system, never again. TR

TommyRed 20:16 02 Sep 03

Still intermittently losing Start, taskbar and system tray contents. This has all occured after a corrupt download, though I have tried to get rid of it I'm sure some remains, anyone know of a program to remove it? TR

Sealer 20:19 02 Sep 03

Looks like we have the same prob, possibly from the same source :-(

TommyRed 20:29 02 Sep 03

One of the kids wanted to download Grokster a P2P file sharing site, it's been a nightmare trying to get it all off. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…