help on start up needed

amber92 19:31 05 May 06

when i start up my pc i get this error cmos checksum error defaults loaded press f1 to continue or del to enter set up,does any one know why i am getting this message thanks

Gongoozler 19:44 05 May 06

Try changing the CMOS battery, if that doesn't help then if you can flash the CMOS it might help. Otherwise I'm afraid it may need a new motherboard.

amber92 20:04 05 May 06

thanks gongoozler,will get a new battery fitted

Gongoozler 08:26 06 May 06

Hi amber92. I posted my suggestion in too much of a hurry yesterday evening. BIOS checksum error is the one that may need a motherboard replacement. CMOS checksum error is caused by the CMOS data being corrupted. The battery replacement may do the job, but it is also likely that you will need to reset the CMOS. There is a link on the motherboard to do this, but leaving the battery out for 30 minutes or so will do the same thing. It's a good idea to make a note of any BIOS settings before you do this. To check the BIOS settings you need to enter BIOS setup. The way you do this depends on your motherboard. During boot-up you may see on the screen an instruction such as "Press Del to enter setup".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…