help, stand by button is dimmed

bibo1465 12:03 13 Mar 05

I bought my pc 7 months ago the stand by button was working normally, It can shutdown properly.

However, it cannot go into standby or hibernation. The standby option is dimmed in the shutdown screen, and there are no hibernation tab in the power options screen.

I format and re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP ,all the windows update fixes is up to date,including SP2,
and everything worked fine. Does anyone know how I can fix the standby and hibernation problem of my current Windows XP? Thanks!

bibo

Gongoozler 12:07 13 Mar 05

Try this for a start.

Start - Control Panel - Power Options (or Start - Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - Power Options) - Hibernate - Enable Hibernation.

bibo1465 19:08 13 Mar 05

hi gongoozler

It doesn't work, there nothing mentioned about hybernation.please help.

Thank you for your help in advance
bibo

bibo1465 21:45 23 Jul 05

hi everyone

I wrote this thread before,above.

I bought another Hard disk,installed windows xp, SP2,update all the windows update,update the latest patch for my graphic card,directX 9c.

In fact everything is up to date.

I was so shocked when i found out that the (stand by button ) is still dimmed,and there is no hupernation, in display properties,screen saver,power schemes.

I don't know what is happening?
evev with the new hard disk i have this problem.

Can you please telmm me in your point of view what is happening?

I hope to hear from you very soon.
Thank you so much for your help in advance.

My kindest regards
bibo

bibo1465 21:45 23 Jul 05

hi everyone

I wrote this thread before,above.

I bought another Hard disk,installed windows xp, SP2,update all the windows update,update the latest patch for my graphic card,directX 9c.

In fact everything is up to date.

I was so shocked when i found out that the (stand by button ) is still dimmed,and there is no hupernation, in display properties,screen saver,power schemes.

I don't know what is happening?
evev with the new hard disk i have this problem.

Can you please telmm me in your point of view what is happening?

I hope to hear from you very soon.
Thank you so much for your help in advance.

My kindest regards
bibo

Gongoozler 08:25 24 Jul 05

It could be your screensaver that is causing the problem click here

bibo1465 12:37 24 Jul 05

Hi Gongoozler

Thank you for the quick reply i received from you.

I have done what you mentioned,i have clicked on (click here), when i tried to download the file, it says,the update cannot be completed,because i have service pack installed.I should install the file without any service pack installed.

Do you have any other idea please.

Thank you again
bibo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…