Help with Stack Overflow errors

happylady 07:25 03 May 08

I've been getting these warnings just the last 2 times i've used the computer, it's got warning stack overflow at a lot of different lines. I don't quite understand what a stack overflow is despite having googled the phrase & googled help to fix the problem but not understanding the advice offered. I've checked out this page, click here but it might as well be written in Greek, cos i don't get any of it!

I have cCleaner on my pc & was wondering if i run that, would that clear the job up for me. If not, can anyone advise me with an easy step by step tutorial of how to fix the problem. I wouldn't mind receiving remote access from someone to help me with this either, cos it's frightening me & i want to fix the problem real quick!!

Diodorus Siculus 11:24 03 May 08

What operating system to you have? This is generally a problem for win95/98. IF you are suggesting remote access, do you have XP / Vista?

Diodorus Siculus 11:25 03 May 08

What program do you use when you get the message?

Internet explorer?

Diodorus Siculus 11:28 03 May 08

Some more googling seems to suggest this arises with some poorly written websites; if you are getting it in different websites, perhaps the problem lies therein, rather than with you.

happylady 11:29 03 May 08

I'm using XP and have encountered the problem on internet explorer, i have mozilla browser also but i don't know if it's a problem on that cos i rarely use that program.

happylady 11:32 03 May 08

Yes i get it in different websites, for the past few days i've been looking at a lot of photography images websites and i'm wondering if that's had anything to do with it. Could it be more than me just visiting poorly written websites?

brundle 15:24 03 May 08

Have you got an XP CD? Run a system file check. click here

Do a thorough antivirus and antispyware update and scan. Superantispyware click here or Spywaredoctor from the Googlepack recommended (click here, you dont have to install any of the other stuff that comes with it)

Check your hard-drive for errors. click here

Any new software installed recently?

Stack overflow is a generalised problem, browsers ought to be able to deal with poorly written sites without crashing.

Wak 12:33 09 May 08

I used to get the Stack Overflow problem when adjusting the printer settings AFTER starting a program called Print Artist.
To temporarily solve the problem I used to adjust the printer settings BEFORE opening the Print Artist Program.

You could try updating your Printer Drivers???

happylady 16:25 31 Aug 08

I know this was a few months ago but i forgot to come back to report what i did. I ran cCleaner and the problem vanished! Don't know if cCleaner did it or why the problem came or why it even left, but all i can say is that it went.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…