HELP! Spyware/Virus problem

cheerup347 08:03 08 Oct 08

Hi,

I have mcaffee internet security on my computer. and basically. I have a virus somehow on my computer where there is a big red cross in the bottom right task bar thing. and when you roll over it it flashes up with a message similar to;

'Your computer has been infected with spyware, to resolve these problems please click here and protect yourself.

Bu if you click on it you get a very suspect window saying 'Anti-spyware XP 2009' or something

I've clicked on mcaffee and it is saying I ned to fix several problems but when I click on the 'Fix' button It says it cannot because of an error.

I don't see what I can actually do now. I really not to get this sorted and mcaffee doesn't seem to be working or this virus has affected that too.

Any ideas?

ronalddonald 08:08 08 Oct 08

opertinf system are u using, this will help us on the forum to c how we can help u.

cheerup347 08:13 08 Oct 08

XP home.

I'm looking for some free software ideally that can get rid of this spyware but I don't know why my mcaffee isn't doing it's job really.

birdface 08:47 08 Oct 08

Download the free version update it and run a full scan.click here

cowgirl66 17:42 08 Oct 08

Here are instructions on getting rid of it.

click here

cheerup347 08:48 11 Oct 08

Hi,

I haven't installed the actual program because I know it looked dodgy. But I just need to get rid of the initial problem which is the bleeping messages etc.

Also when i try and fix my mcaffee to update it, it says it cannot because of an error. But no more details are specified.

Any ideas if this is because of this virus thing?

Thanks

brundle 08:51 11 Oct 08

The infection is present already, follow the links posted to remove it.

brundle 08:54 11 Oct 08

click here

"Rogue software uses intentional false positives to convince the user that their system has been compromised and then demands money to remove these false threats. In extreme cases the false threats are actually the very trojans that advertise or even directly install the rogue."

skidzy 09:02 11 Oct 08

As said above,Malwarebytes should remove this.

Download click here

Update and then boot into safemode and run Mbam.

I cleaned a machine last night containing this rogue program that also had another rogue program installed,now im unsure if it is related to the xp 2009 or bundled with it ,but it is certainly worth checking out.

Look in add and remove programs for Spywareclean,if present uninstall.
Then ;
Start / run and type REGEDIT and enter
Then select EDIT and FIND
And type spyware clean
If found DELETE this and reboot the computer.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:02 11 Oct 08

This is NOT a virus and no AV will stop it as it was started by the user. You have inadvertently given it permission to run. Follow the instructions above and you will be fine.

G

birdface 09:10 11 Oct 08

click here anything on here similar. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…