Help with speaker set-up please

OmniHyena 00:19 16 Feb 15
Answered

Hello. I would really appreciate it anyone could help with a problem I have with my speaker set-up.

I used to have my speakers configured with left and right speakers and a sub-woofer (5.1 surround sound). A few days ago I had to factory reset my PC due to an unrelated problem. After resetting my PC, the only speaker configuration now available is "stereo" which does not support the sub-woofer. It's as if my PC only recognises the left and right speakers and not the sub-woofer.

If anyone can help me with this I would REALLY appreciate it, I've been looking for solutions for hours and nothing has worked so far. It's driving me crazy.

Thank you.

Ian in Northampton 08:38 16 Feb 15
Answer

It sounds like, in resetting your PC, you may have 'lost' the drivers for your sound, so all you have is Windows default sound drivers. If you can find out what motherboard you have - I'm assuming you have onboard sound - you may be able to locate the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's web site.

Daisy_Michael 14:06 16 Feb 15

Yep, sounds as if the PC doesn't have the corresponding drivers anymore; re-install the drivers for sound and everything would be OK.

OmniHyena 14:10 16 Feb 15

Thank you both for the replies, it seems to be a driver problem then. I will try what you both said.

Thanks again :)

OmniHyena 14:26 16 Feb 15

Guys, it actually worked! Thank you SO much! I've been trying to sort this out for ages!

You both replied quickly with the correct answers as well so thank you.

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…