//some 3rd party need geo

Help with SpamKiller setup.

wotbus@ 17:48 23 Nov 04

For months now I have gone back to using MailWasher but with all the regular "updates" etc which frequently arrive for SpamKiller, I have decided to give it another go. WinXP Home. I just can't get it to work as it should! I stopped using it before as it used to open my mail from the server then tell me I should do a virus check as one or more contained a virus, which I found very pointless!!! Now it's opening my mail on the server [little opened envelope] but nothing is appearing in the Blocked or Accepted mail within SpamKiller? I do a send/receive in Outlook and hey presto - all the rubbish arrives there. I have cleared all mail and performed the following test: sent an email to myself. I checked my webmailbox and there it is, opened. I check SpamKiller, nothing. I open Outlook send/receive and in it comes. I have already decided not to renew my subscription for SpamKiller when it falls due as it has never worked! but with all the development and regular updating by McAfee there must be someone out there who is happy with it and can give some advice.

Cook2 17:52 23 Nov 04

Give this one a try click here wotbus@ it's free, it's good.

wotbus@ 18:05 23 Nov 04

Thanks, but I am perfectly happy with MailWasher. Having purchased SpamKiller I would like it to work just once during its 12month life!!! The email notifying me of your response to my thread was just like the others: opened on the webmailbox, not in the Blocked or Accepted boxes of SpamKiller, but arrived in my Outlook InBox after send/receive...

Cook2 19:56 23 Nov 04

I was quite happy with Mailwasher too wotbus@ until I found Eliminate Spam. Give it a whirl sometime and you'll see. </:>)

wotbus@ 21:19 23 Nov 04

OK Cook2, will do. I did d/l it to have a look at but when I saw it was "ad" supported I stopped. Maybe a case of better the devil you know, but I have been happy with MW for years. I only bought SK because it was advertised as the best thing since sliced bread...hmmmmm. Ah well, live and learn but I still reckon it should work if only I knew what was wrong.

wotbus@ 12:45 27 Nov 04

Nobody out there using and happy with SpamKiller?

wotbus@ 10:06 29 Nov 04

That bad eh :-(

wotbus@ 18:11 28 Dec 04

Looks like nobody else uses it! I have binned it and won't renew the subs. Thread closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…