//some 3rd party need geo

Help with sound

VEG 10:57 14 Feb 03

Any ideas on this one!

Ican play and hear music through my speakers but for some reason I can no longer hear the windows sounds (i.e new mail) or I cant play any .wav files that are on my hard drive.
I am using windows 98 se any help would be fab as it is driving me mad trying to figure it out.

Gongoozler 11:08 14 Feb 03

VEG, the problem with sound controls is that there can be several of them. You may have an icon on the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen). In my computer there are two icons. One is overall volume, the other is a mixer. The mixer has several faders for the different sound sources. Also under Control panel - Multimedia, under the Audio tab, if I click on the strange button (with a little slider on it), I get another set of volume sliders. According to what your operating system and audio software are, you may have even more controls.

nightporter 12:06 14 Feb 03

You may have an volume icon on the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen). Double click this and it should bring up the option to turn up the WAVE volume.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…