Help! Somehow deleted external/USB device partion

elmen 10:11 19 Oct 16

I have a 250 GB Hitachi HTS543225L9A300 USB Device from HP, and i was trying some different things to make it possiple to write on to it from my mac (it was NTFS formatted) - I used disk utility and then a 3rd party program called "Tuxera NTFS", and suddenly i couldn't open the USB/drive anymore i have tried on both Windows and IOS. It looks like i have deleted a part (maybe a partion) of the drive. My Windows computer registres the Drive, but cant see it/open it. In "diskmgmt.msc" i can only find a 200 and 620 MB unit, and i think one of them is supposed to be 250 GB.

How can i recreate the partion and get the 250 GB space back - there was nothing on the drive, so its only to get the drive up running again. THX

Chris William 10:59 19 Oct 16

Contact Support Staff +44-8081433686 Toll Free Helpline

lotvic 11:06 19 Oct 16

SPAM post from Chris William

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:46 19 Oct 16

Assume this is a standard laptop drive in an external case.

You may have to couple it to a spare stat port in your PC for disk management to see it.

Does it show in device manager?

Secret-Squirrel 12:59 19 Oct 16

elmen, go back to the Disk Management console, right-click on of the partitions then delete it. Do the same for the other one. If that's successful then the whole drive should show as "unallocated space" so you can right-click again and create a new 250GB partition.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…