Help (SilverLight in IE8)

Welcome
I can not install SilverLight. When I click install it reaches 2% the say installation has failed. Could anyone help me. I need SilverLight for Bing Visual Search and so on. Also can't view any PDC2010 video for Microsoft!

I really need help

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:04 05 Apr 10

click here seems to be a fix.

G

Sorry. I just can't understand it. Have checked the Registery and there is no such entery.

Is there anything simpler

Thanks for the help

sunnystaines 20:48 05 Apr 10

don't worry about silverlight i have yet to see a program that has used or needs it.

I use Visual Search from Bing. It need SilverLight

northumbria61 00:11 06 Apr 10

Do you have a previous version of Silverlight installed and are trying to install a new version?
If so look at this LINK - down to the bottom of the page. It may help your problem.

click here

northumbria61 00:19 06 Apr 10

I should have said try the simplest thing first - remove Silverlight via add/remove programs in Control Panel - restart computer - then download and install from Microsoft.com

click here

Used to have SilverLight installed. Upgraded to Win 7. I not have SilverLight installed before in Win 7. Any suggestions.

Looked again in add remove programs. It is installed, but every website the needs it is saying it is not installed.

Have just uninstalled it. Going to install SilverLight 4 Beta. I am techie so I know what I am doing. Does anybody have any suggestions to why the website says I don't have it installed.

Just reinstalled SilverLigt. Everything now works. Thanks for you help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac