Help with setting up Skype

tristar 15:13 03 Sep 06

I've downloaded Skype, and want to use a headset with microphone.
Trouble is, I can't decide where to plug in the headset leads, is it at the back of the computer(Mesh) or into the 'Creative Labs' box?

Would appreciate advice,

Regards,

tristar

Bagsey 18:38 03 Sep 06

I had mine plugged into the sound card sockets. But now I use my ordinary house phone vis Actiontec box.This give me much better reception with no feed back noises.

tristar 18:54 03 Sep 06

Could you tell me more about the Actiontec box, please?
I don't think I've heard of it.

Bagsey 17:47 04 Sep 06

Have a look at this link.
click here
It is a box of tricks that connects your computer and your house phone. It knows when you are making a local landline call or a Skype call. I find it excellent and use it all of the time to call Oman, Australia, New Zealand without any trouble. It has another advantage to me in that my house phone is equiped a loop setting which is an ideal extra to use with my digital hearing aid and this Actiontec gubbins allows full use of that. I dont get any feed back noise like I used to with a head set and mike.Hope this helps

tristar 18:50 04 Sep 06

Thanks, Bagsey, that looks an interesting piece of hardware.
I've just tried using a friends USB Skype phone and was impressed with the sound quality and ease of use so I'll probably opt for that.
Should I decide that I'm not satisfied with it I'll certainly look into getting Actiontec.
I appreciate your help - good to know you can call so far afield successfully.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…