Help with setting up new VelociRaptor drive

erkmatrix 17:28 29 Dec 08

Hi

I got a VelociRaptor 300 GB Western Digital WD3000GLFS V internal hard drive and Windows XP64 for christmas and before I installed it I wanted to ask in here on the best method of doing this as I'm not very used to installing hardware and don't want to wreck my machine.

My current setup is XP home on a 500gb internal sata drive and I want to have XP Pro x64 also as a dual boot setup to have the option of choosing.

The machine is mainly for Photoshop work so what would you recommend I partition on what drives. Should I keep my xp home on my current c drive and then have xp x64 pro on my new velociraptor drive with it partitioned to have photoshop and then a further partition to work as a scratch disk drive.

Is that a good idea if so how do I partition my velociraptor drive as I've never done such a thing before or does anyone have an alternative suggestion please.

Thanks very much

erkmatrix 09:01 30 Dec 08

Can anyone offer some advice please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…