Help setting up new ADSL connection

CubicleMonkey 13:12 23 Aug 04

Hi people

When I go home shortly I'll be setting up my new ADSL connection, which I've never done before. I have an external modem router already plugged into my computer and the connection is OK (XP says so) - and the line has now been ADSL enabled (I think - when I turned just the router on this morning, it had a steady green light in the relevant place).

The router instructions aren't really helpful though - for a start they say go to 'Network Neighborhood' which XP doesn't have, and then go through various settings which don't appear to make sense either.

If anyone can give me a quick idiot guide to setting it up - I have the necessary usernames etc from the ISP - or point me towards a good link, this would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance :o)

CubicleMonkey 13:50 23 Aug 04

:(

Sapins 14:38 23 Aug 04

I don't know if this will help CubicleMonkey, but all I did was install the drivers for the modem from the CD that came with it and then set up the account in Outlook Express via Tools/Accounts/Mail/Add/Mail and follow the Wizard.

Regards,

Sapins.

jonnytub 14:56 23 Aug 04

post this in the helproom, you'll probably get more replies.

CubicleMonkey 15:18 23 Aug 04

Will try again!

Btw Sapins, it's not just an email account that needs setting up, it's the whole connection... and the CD the it came with it very pointedly the USB drivers. I have a perfectly good network card so I'd prefer to use that rather than take up a USB.

More playing required...

Sapins 15:19 23 Aug 04

Of course, wouldn't you know it I had the heading hidden when I read the thread <:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5