Help setting up laptop ethernet card

IanR_ 12:09 07 Jan 05

Hi all, i have a works computer i need to get onto the network.Its an old Gateway machine running Win98se,i have got hold of a Xircom RealPort2,CardBus Ethernet 10/100 Card.I need to know how to get it to work,i have plugged it all in but it is not recognised.
Can anyone help me out with this?

Cheers
Ian

AndySD 12:20 07 Jan 05

With windows 98 you will need to install the drivers.

IanR_ 12:24 07 Jan 05

Right Andy, i have been on the Gateway site & there is a download for these,which i have done.Halfway through its asks for the Win98 setup disc,which i havent got(a works "dont know how many hand")so i get a conflict.

IanR_ 15:09 07 Jan 05

I have now downloaded the Drivers off Intels website.I now have a conflict problem between my network card & a Rage mobility-MI AGP..(??)
"This device cannot find any free input/output range(I/0) resources to use (code 12)"
Does this mean anything to anyone?

Cheers again

Ian

JIM 15:26 07 Jan 05

Your RealPort2,CardBus Ethernet 10/100 Card is sharing resources,your best bet would be to open up the case and choose an other PCI slot to fit the card to .Then let windows on reboot install the drivers you already have installed .

You may have to move cards around till you have some joy.

JIM 15:30 07 Jan 05

Sorry,forget IT. I should pay more attention.(Xircom RealPort2,CardBus Ethernet)

IanR_ 15:33 07 Jan 05

Cheers Jim,i take it you mean move the graphics card? because the RealPort2 slots into the side of the laptop...or am i being dim?

Ian

JIM 15:41 07 Jan 05

move the graphics card, yes mate,if poss.The error is for sharing same resources.

But new then as being a laptop you may have more problems unless you have been there before. That's why i stopped.(not thinking Laptop)

IanR_ 09:03 10 Jan 05

Is this something that can be done or can anyone else help.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…