Help setting up an ecommerce site

Spanner Monkey 09:46 10 Mar 06

I'm trying to set up an online store but with so many options to choose from it is a little difficult. I have looked through the forums but there seems to be no real answers.

I have a reasonable knowledge of web design but no real knowledge of setting up an ecommerce site.

I see that with Paypal you can use their shopping cart but there are also big issues over charging different rates of VAT with them. (I will be selling electronic hardware and books so this will affect me!)

If anyone can offer advice regarding any aspect of using/setting/costs involved with such a project that would be really helpful.

If you could point me in the direction of any online resoureces/advice guides that would also be very welcome.

Thanks

Andy

harristweed 13:54 10 Mar 06
  Forum Editor 17:53 10 Mar 06

in harristweed's post you'll see the PayPal workaround I suggested for another forum member who also sells differently-rated items. It seems to have worked in his/her case, although it is a workaround, rather than an elegant solution. Paypal need to get their act together on this.

premierleague 21:03 20 May 06

Hi, if you have a knowledge of html you can use a free developer areaof an ecommerce application called Astute Merchant...a very comprehensive, hosted and supported ecommerce solution, but as bespoke as you want to design it. Go to the below for a demo of the devloper area:Go to:
click here and login using:
u: [email protected]
p: demo1
Or to register for access to your own developer area go :click here
Or to see more info on the solution go to: click here
Regards, Jonathan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…