help with setting up BT Voyager 2091 network

rabbitt2 15:27 08 Jan 06

I'm trying to help my sister setup her wireless network using a BT 2091 voyager router onto bt/yahoo broadband with a BT wireless PCI card, I can get into the router with either 10/100 network card and ethernet cable or usb connection, but I can't get the wirless connection to work, her system see's the wireless network on channel 11, but won't connect to it, signal strenght is strong, tried with my laptop and a belkin wireless pcmcia card, again sees the network and was able to surf onto a neighbouring tiscali network on channel 11, when accessing the wireless icon in the systen tray it keeps asking to setup an 10/26 byte encryption password, tried that with no effect, she'e surfing at the moment on a direct connect network pcb, any ideas appreciated
Geofft

WildSabre 19:07 11 Jan 06

I have this same router and from memory I seem to recall that the router needs to be connected intially via the ethernet connction or USB prior to going wireless with it. The best I can suggest is that you install wired first then rerun the CD that came with the router and install it for wireless. When I installed a laptop wirelesly the first time it did take a reboot after installation for the laptop to recognise the router though.

Hope this helps a little.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5