Help to set up Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Expres

Real PC Virgin 13:34 12 Nov 06

Please can any body help me to set up either Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express I can get so far but am not sure what to do when I have to enter the email server names etc

p;3 13:38 12 Nov 06

as requested a link to the previous thread

click here

and especially this posting

"it seems I have an outlook account (probably 1 my husband originally set up for me) I also seem to have an old outlook express accountI cant get them acctive. but when I try to log on to OE it says this:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop3.freeserve.com', Server: 'pop3.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 is that because we are not with freeserve any more.

Similar probs with Microsft Outlook I think, It appears to be there but the test email I tried to send wont.

I am not bothered about adding my hotmail or yahoo acoounts to it I would like to set up a new one with either Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express. The problem I have is that I dont know what my pop mail server is, (hubby used to do all that. ... I am determined to do this and sort all the other probs I have with this puter lol"

I hope this linking helps

brundle 14:31 12 Nov 06

Who is your ISP?

Real PC Virgin 16:06 12 Nov 06

Thats who we get broad band off I take it? It it is then it is AOL at the moment

brundle 16:11 12 Nov 06

Yes, that's right - if you wish to set up an AOL email account in OE it is a little more complicated than a plain POP3 email address.
Have you registered with a different free email service? Googlemail for example (click here) - full instructions on how to set it up to work with OE are included, they even do it for you with an auto-config tool. click here

Set up AOL account in OE; click here

Real PC Virgin 16:16 12 Nov 06

Does it make a difference that the AOL account is in my husbands name, as I dont have any details, it is only still on because he couldnt get out of the contract so it is paid up till may when I intened to change it anyway because I dont like AOL I have yahoo and hotmail accounts too.

Real PC Virgin 16:31 12 Nov 06

Brundle I just followed the Set up AOL account in OE as you suggested all seemed to be going well until finish then it said:
XAOL-UAS-MB authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this computer

brundle 19:04 12 Nov 06

are you sure the following settings are correct
SMTP Server: smtp.aim.com
SMTP Port number: 587

brundle 19:06 12 Nov 06

Or try these settings;
Imap.uk.aol.com
smtp.uk.aol.com, port 587

brundle 19:08 12 Nov 06

more info here from someone who has got it to work;
click here

Real PC Virgin 20:23 12 Nov 06

thanks brundle tried all that to with same response,no luck think I will just have to give up, just dont think i can do it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…