help with sending text

edee66 20:13 01 Jul 04

I have been trying to send some text with outlook express (from 'msworks'). The recipient says when they opened it, it was'nt readable. I tried sending it from word and wordpad but it just'garbles' it as usual. Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Gongoozler 20:50 01 Jul 04

Hi edee66. Can you give us some more information. When you refer to text, is this a document in TXT format, or is it in some other document format. Are you sending the text as an attachment, or are you copying and pasting the text into an email? If you are sending as an attachment, does the recipient have a compatible program for reading the text?

edee66 11:17 02 Jul 04

Im sending it as an 'attachment' Gongoozler. The recipient has 'outlook' and I told him to untick the anti-virus security if its on. Does'nt seem to have made any difference. Its in HTML format but its the same (unreadable)result in 'plain text'. Were both a bit green with this stuff Im afraid.

Thanks

Gongoozler 19:12 04 Jul 04

Hi edee66. Sorry about the delay in replying, I've just returned from taking 54 Cub Scouts camping for the weekend!

I'm not familiar with Outlook, but that shouldn't make any difference to an attachment. You are attaching a text document, but what did you use to generate the document, and is it saved as filename.txt or something else?

Dipso 21:58 04 Jul 04

If it is a Works word processor document, your recipient would have to have Works to be able to read it correctly. When you go to save the document, use the drop down menu in the Save box to save it as a Word doc (or whatever your recipient uses) this should enable them to read it.

edee66 23:18 04 Jul 04

Thats what I did more or less Dipso thanks and it worked. Thanks to you also Gonggoozler, we got there in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…