Help secure my wireless network

Rob-1197884 08:59 29 Sep 07

I recently got a lap top. I noticed my network is unsecure. I have tried running the set up disc that came with the router(sna6500). Not having any luck with it. When I enter the IP in the address bar it asks for my user name and password. I have tried all the user names and passwords that I use but none seem to work. I then visited the philips web site. Followed insructions on there. Still not having any luck. I set my connection up with the windows xp setup. Any help would be appreciated. I also tried the reset button on the back of the router and tried to restore my system to see if that would help.
Thanx Rob

postie24 10:12 29 Sep 07

Type 192.168.2.1 in to the address bar to access the router homepage.
Is there nothing in the phillips documentation about the default username and password?
You could try admin/admin as the default settings.Post back if you can access the router settings and ill go through the set up with you.

njcdec 21:39 18 Dec 07

my network was secure but for some reason it is no longer can any one talk me through how to secure it again as i generally use my laptop in the other rooms of the house but dont want it unsecured

please help
thanks
nic

brundle 21:51 18 Dec 07

You need to create a new thread rather than adding to an old one. More information on your laptop make and model, router make and model, connection method (cable, ADSL), wireless adaptor built-in or USB, version of Windows useful too.

tullie 16:59 19 Dec 07

This is nearly three months old,why dont people let us know the outcome!!Anoying isent it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…