Help with scanning

I have a workbook that I need to scan in and manipulate certain pages. What sort of file do I scan these in as and how do I change certain things. The items are like tables with numbers in and I want to have them on computer to print off as I like to put in employees folders.

VideoSentry 19:56 29 Jan 05

You will need not only a scanner ( which will save the 'image' of the pages )but a software programm that will convert the 'text and lines etc' into data that you can work with.I cannot tell you the name -at the moment as the software that I use ia at work- .i have no doubt that someone else will know, if not I'll let you know on Monday!

VideoSentry 20:00 29 Jan 05

It is called ACR , which I think stands for Optical Character reader, the programmes usually come with a scanner ( depending on the price you paid for it).
Saves waiting till Monday?

VideoSentry 20:00 29 Jan 05

I mean OCR!! To much vino

woodchip 20:02 29 Jan 05

You need someting like Texbridge To OCR the scans as when you scan it just creates a Image file. these have to be changed buy OCR software so you can Edit them

The pages are columns of numbers (size chart). I have managed to scan it to word and it looks quite readable but it has also copied the lines etc.Is there anyway that I can copy just the numbers within this chart i.e copy and paste to another sheet. Then do with it as I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…