Help with running restore disc needed

patsy10 15:16 31 Mar 07

Hi, I got a pc world E machine 170. I just wasted money getting an embedded virus removed but the 'technician' could still not get my restore disc to run. The startup is on disc 2 and the main file is a .GHS file. My pc will not run it for some reason, even though it has in the past. He then wrongly advised me to get nortons 'go back' program which did nothing. How can I get this ghs file opened to run so I can completely reinstall windows? Any ideas anyone and please phrase it in idiot speak.
Regards Pat

Colditz 15:27 31 Mar 07

i think you need norton ghost to open the ghs file

Dipso 16:12 31 Mar 07

Are you booting from the CD i.e. putting it in the drive shutting down your PC then starting it up again to load from the disc...or are you just trying to run the CD from Windows. Maybe your PC is not set to boot from a CD and boots straight to the hard drive?

skidzy 18:37 31 Mar 07

I have had the Emac 170 in the past and comes with 2 restore discs that require the hidden partition to work correctly.
The partition is created by Norton Ghost as is the retsore disc.

I would guess that the virus has possibly damaged this partition that the restore disc needs to work correctly or the technician has corrupted this in trying to remove the virus.

As Dipso says,place the disc in the drive and reboot or try Tapping F11 on startup and see if your machine will restore through the 3 options given.

But sadly,if this partition is corrupted,i think its going to be new windows for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now