Help resetting Word 03 Menu bar?

mas61 12:28 02 Nov 04

I installed the trail version of Scansoft's PDF Converter 2.0 Professional from October's PC Advisor's cover disc. I have since uninstalled the program but whenever I start Word I get the menu item from this PDF converter in the menu bar. I have tried to reset the menu bar, but the thing won't budge.
Also, I can't delete the ordinary toolbar that was put on there as well.

Any suggestions?
All advice appreciated
Thanks Andy

Taff36 13:44 02 Nov 04

Right click on the toolbar area and deselect the two toolbars (One at a time)

Taff36 13:54 02 Nov 04

TOOLS>CUSTOMISE then "toolbars" tab. Right down at the bottom of the list highlight the two toolbars and select delete button.

mas61 16:07 02 Nov 04

Thanks Taff. I have tried both of these methods but the toolbar keeps coming up every time I open Word. The main nuiscance is the menu item, which is in the bar at the top along with file, edit etc. Word seems to have a problem remembering that I have deleted these toolbars.

Taff36 16:43 02 Nov 04

OK - I`m only on Word 2002 but try this.

TOOLS>OPTIONS Save tab - tick the box "prompt to save normal template" (This means that every time you close word it asks to save changes to the normal template but you can turn it off later)

TOOLS>CUSTOMISE Toolbars tab. With this dialog box open simply go to the "PDF Create!" menu item highlight it and drag it off the menu bar. drop it anywhere onto the blank word document. It should disappear. Repeat my other tips and then close word. Accept the word normal template changes and then restart it. Have they gone?

mas61 17:19 02 Nov 04

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately it didn't work, but I found another way to get rid of it and everything's fine now.

For reference:
Tools=>Templates and Add-Ins
Go to path listed for add-in and delete the file.

Problem Solved.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…