Help Required. Resolution on screen.

peterleemaxwell 15:05 14 Sep 04

Please can anyone help me with a problem I have just gained. Down-loaded a patch for Pinnacle 9.
On the requested restart, although everything works or appears to work, the resolution has dropped to the lowest setting of 4 bits! and the screen 800x600. This setting cannot be changed. I fist thought the graphics card had lost the drivers. I checked and they are the latest and it states all is working correctly. I then checked the monitor, same again all seems correct. Tried 'System Restore' but nothing has changed. Any help appreciated.
Lee

Diodorus Siculus 15:31 14 Sep 04

Other than uninstalling the graphics drivers and installing new ones (even though they report OK) I cannot think of what else might be the problem.

peterleemaxwell 16:46 14 Sep 04

Thanks Diodorus,
Even though M.S. XP stated the driver was working correctly, clearly it wasn't. Now knocked out my CD and DVD disc drivers. Some patch that from Pinnacle!!! Thanks for your help.
Lee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…