HELP required in removing Proxy 5 Trojan Horse

webtech 22:30 17 Jul 04

My computer has been infected by two Trojan Horse Viruses since yesterday and, despite my best efforts, I can't remove them from my system (which is running Windows XP and the most up-to-date version of the AVG Free Anti-Virus software).

Two AVG pop-up messages appear at annoyingly frequent intervals stating that AVG Resident Shield has detected "Trojan Horse Proxy.5.AS in C:\Windows\System32\asuigg.dll" and "Trojan Horse Proxy.5.AQ in C:\Windows\System32\adarros.dll" and telling me to remove them by running AVG.

I have run AVG a couple of times and, after a lengthy scan of my system it says the two viruses have been "healed" and removed to the Virus Vault from where they can be safely deleted from my computer.

However, when I reboot my system, the two AVG virus warnings reappear.

I have also turned off System Restore, booted in Safe Mode, navigated to the System32 folder and manually deleted the asuigg.dll and adarros.dll files. However, when I reboot my computer the warnings about the two Trojans reappear and I note that the two "deleted" files i the System32 folder have "reappeared".

Any advice or help in how to remove these two trojans from my computer would be greatly appreciated.

Email: [email protected]

The Spires 22:33 17 Jul 04

Have you tried click here there is a months evaluation fully working.

stalion 22:42 17 Jul 04

try here click here

THE TERMINATOR 23:29 17 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…