Help required for making a web graphic

JCT 11:32 05 Dec 03

I’m trying to make a plane image appear to spin (like a globe) but am having problems. I’ve tried taking the basic image, and progressively reducing it’s size, then inverting it at the halfway stage, etc. I then used an animator to run these together. I’ve succeeded in making the image spin 180 degrees, but after that it just appears to reverse direction. This may just be a trick of the eye, or perhaps I’m attempting the impossible.

To save me having to download and try program after program, can anyone recommend a freeware or shareware program that would do the trick for me. Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

stlucia 13:25 05 Dec 03

I'm not familiar with any software, but just thinking aloud: It might be a trick of the eye, or it might be the animation going from 0 to 180 degrees and then back again the opposite way. Can you force to keep going in the same direction, perhaps by doing two separate animations -- one from 0 to 180 degrees clockwise, and another from 180 to 0 degrees clockwise -- and then sort of merge them into one?

JCT 15:41 05 Dec 03

Thanks for the idea Stlucia, but I've already tried that - that's why I can't understand what's going on!

Mr_Nice_Guy 15:47 05 Dec 03

why not make it spin 360 degrees throughout the animation? then it will just loop wouldnt it?

Djohn 15:56 05 Dec 03

click here and then on the link from Bremner, from that link click on the link, "How to do it".

It's really for the spinning globe in IE and explains how to make you own image and have it spinning 360 degrees, so might be of help to you. j.

JCT 15:37 08 Dec 03

Thanks guys, I especially like the link to the techtv.com articles - sod the animation, I'm going to play at changing my Internet Explorer icon!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…