Help required

tes 08:18 05 Mar 06

This happened yesterday
1--- the screensaver didn't work
2---When I right clicked on the monitor screen nothing happened
3---When I clicked on the start button the banner came up but would not go away

Every thing else seemed ok
this morning when I switched on the comp all was back to normal
I have recently installed MS defender, could this be the problem or have I got a dodgy graphic card?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Meshuga 08:54 05 Mar 06

Hi tes, a more descriptive title to your threads would probably bring a better response from members. "Help required" gives no indication of your problems.

Diemmess 09:12 05 Mar 06

Don't blame the video section as such.....yet!
Very ccasionally I have weird happenings where (to my mind) something has loaded in the wrong order or glitched and missed the opportunity to load or shut down at all.

Like blind faith, or a dose of salts, the ritual of a reboot or a visit to Task Manager will generally get things going again leaving me with a working system once again.

I emphasise this is very rare and quite unpredictable.
All is still normal with yours today?

tes 09:47 05 Mar 06

Meshuga
Thanks for your advise but I'm afraid I just couldn't think of any thing to descibe the problem

Meshuga 12:43 05 Mar 06

"Screensaver won`t work" would have done. The main reason for more explicit titles is so that they can be searched for more easily using the search box at top of page. Regards, Meshuga.

tes 13:46 05 Mar 06

Thanks Meshuga

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:39 05 Mar 06

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…