help req'd with first web site PLEASE

david.h 19:19 01 Jun 03

just put a simple web site together for first time only to find my ISP does not support frontpage 2002, so started again in publisher 2002 and using terrapin ftp but my one page web gets rejected as it needs index.htm i change my file to be called this but thats does not work.
does anyone recommed a programe with a wizard for a novice web site please [must work with pipex ISP]

Valvegrid 19:49 01 Jun 03

Does your ISP recommend a web page builder plus an FTP program to upload it to their server? most ISP do, as they want you to use their system.

spuds 19:51 01 Jun 03

Why not try this request in the new WebDesign Forum. Perhaps you may get a better response. If you do not know where it is, try the following. At the bottom of the page is a Jump to: click on that and a pop up sheet will appear, then click on WebDesign.Appologies if you all ready know this.

david.h 20:07 01 Jun 03

I did not know that ,going there now

wee eddie 20:26 01 Jun 03

there will be a limk at the top of the page!

Maybe when the web designer gets back from the long weekend

david4637 20:34 02 Jun 03

If you have a simple web site without Forms you do not necessarily need an ISP with FP Extensions. You can still upload to your ISP to try it out, as I did. Obviously if you do have forms which require user participation then you must upgrade to "FP Ext" ISP. David

Forum Editor 20:57 02 Jun 03

from the Helproom, but I see you already have one running here and I'll close this one now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…