Help removing w32 swen

starlet 09:30 22 Nov 03

My sisters comp has been hit by w32 swen I think by the M/S update e-mail, I have the removal / cleaning tool from Symatec but cannot access the floppy at all, I only have the empty desktop screen with no Icons and no start button or task bar. Can anyone suggest a way I can do it please?

Regards Star

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:41 22 Nov 03

1) Microsoft NEVER s4nd emails to the public warning of virus attacks or updates. The email you received was a virus from a third party. Never open attachments etc on emails that you are unsure about. Microsoft do not send attachments.

2) for details of removing the virus.......[email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here and the removal tool is here.........[email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:46 22 Nov 03

click here and click here ....why do I always forget about Symantec's URLs???

G

starlet 09:54 22 Nov 03

Thanks Gandalf but I have the tools already, What I am asking for is how can I get past the desktop screen to use the floppy on which I have saved the removal tools and cleaner, I cannot gain access into Safemode

starlet 12:03 22 Nov 03

Finally resolved, with a 98 bootup disk allowed me to get into Safemode and run the w32 swen remove/cleaner now all running Ok, A point here my Sister had not updated her virus definitions dispite being told how important it is,she was also using the preview pane to read her e-mails. Maybe now she will listen to me, or maybe not!!

Many thanks Gandalf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…