Help to reinstall windows 95

MICKY BOY 12:35 17 Jan 04

Can anybody help re-installing Windows 95?
Have got an old Apricot MS 530 which has had extras fitted, second hard drive, extra Ram and a MMX processor chip installed.
Have for some time now had Registry problems and error warnings, so decided to reinstall the Registry, what a mistake. Now the computer will not even load windows.
I have the old recovery disk that came with the computer but I believe because of all the additions I cannot use this. So have purchased a full version of windows 95 and would like to reformat my old computer so I can continue to use it as an office computer.
I am a novice when it comes to all the technical jargon but would like to learn more. And if possible would like to carry out this windows installation myself.
Can anybody explain to me in simple terms how to carry out this operation and how to reformat the second hard drive if I needed. I have the use of an up to-date computer at home if I need to download files etc. Help would be much appreciated from anybody with the knowledge. Mick.

Belatucadrus 12:58 17 Jan 04

click here is a direct link to an Acrobat file from PC Plus on how to install W95, I've always found it useful. I'm assuming your new copy of W95 is on CD, a standard W95 boot disk doesn't include CD drivers, so click here to get one that does.

MICKY BOY 18:24 19 Jan 04

Hi Belatucadrus,

Thank you for your very quick response.
I have downloaded from sites and will carry out partitioning and reinstalling of Windows 95.

Once again thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…