Help! - Registry LOCKED in XP Home Due To somefile

stuntmaster 18:37 05 Dec 03

MY Registry is locked and i cant access any settings can anyone help? in event viewer under applications it says the following: USERENV "Windows saved user YOUR-793A091A36\(Not Shown for security reasons) registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account." then i checked the system bit and its DCOM (i think) shown as an error with my username under the category and the description it gave was:
"The server {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

Could this have locked the registry? and how can I Unlock The Registry any Help? Much Apreciated!

Thanks

Ben.

VoG II 18:54 05 Dec 03

Swen virus? click here

stuntmaster 19:09 05 Dec 03

but its not that, i can access the registry using regedit, but i still have a locked out registry stating USERENV. I dint know how to unlock it though..

stuntmaster 09:16 06 Dec 03

it seemed to have happened before as the event viewer has shown it but there was another USERENV statement diffent one this time: "Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use." then three muinets later another USERENV in the event viewer confrmed its unlock: "Windows unloaded user YOUR-793A091A36\(NOT SHOWN FOR SECURITY REASONS) registry when it received a notification that no other applications or services were using the profile." i did nothin to cause this it went automatically. but i dont want to wait for it see it could take upto three weeks as shown by event viewer.

Any Help?

Ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…