HELP with reformatting

Sheps 21:37 12 Oct 08

hi ya all, i'm trying to reformat pc, after having an attack of the worms lol....i've done wot i have done in the past, but where you press f8 or enter to start the process my keyboard locks out along with the mouse, so when it is asking me what to do next ie....install xp, bla blar, i cant press the number required as the keyboard goes dead !!!!! anyone suffered this before, first time for me, normally no probs....many thanks in advance...Sheps

Press Man 21:40 12 Oct 08

what type of keyboard & mouse do you have.

Sheps 21:53 12 Oct 08

Hi ya Pressman,
Well i've the same keyboard i had last time i reformatted, but its just a normal plug in one (advent) with a normal plug in mouse, both using usb hubs, hope this helps Sheps

woodchip 22:07 12 Oct 08

Us a PS/2 keyboard may cost about £4 from a computer fair. Free at local dump-it site

Sheps 22:15 12 Oct 08

Hi ya WoodChip, I have got an adaptor to change the usb to a ps2, could that be the answer do you think ???? Sheps

woodchip 22:22 12 Oct 08

Yes try it, but do not plug it in while it is switched on

Sheps 22:33 12 Oct 08

Well thank you very much , i will try this tomorrow, and i will come back and let you all know, thank you for your help, Great Site, everyone is soooooo helpful. Regards Paula (sheps)

woodchip 22:35 12 Oct 08

Yes it should go okay with the PS/2 adapter. I may not be on until night, but will check thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac