Help ref Emial file attachments and access to them

Giggle n' Bits 12:13 07 Apr 04

Imagine a new computer with just windows and no software like Works suite or Office, Real player and no Quick time etc. If a person gets a file attachment which is a picture am I right in thinking the person recieving the file via email has to have the software capable of opening the file to view the picture.

Does Microsoft Works V7 assist with this as there is a basic word processor (not word) spreadsheet/database then I think Works suite will do the job.

Or would WinXP alone be able to open the files.
The person I am asking about use to have Lotus software and I think this would have been capable of viewing file attachment pics.

VoG II 12:15 07 Apr 04

Picture and Fax Viewer in XP should open them.

anchor 12:25 07 Apr 04

Windows XP has the Windows Picture and Fax viewer which should be able to show pictures.

Windows Media player should play many, (but not all), audio/video formats.

Giggle n' Bits 12:35 07 Apr 04

Will tell my friend, still I think she is mad not having something like a productivity software especially a word processor.

Does Star office software have anything for pictures ?

GaT7 12:55 07 Apr 04

If she doesn't want to spend anything...

You can also suggest to your friend to try OpenOffice (freeware) - click here

To view pics she could try the freeware programs, IrfanView -click here or XnView (my personal favourite) - click here.

Giggle n' Bits 12:59 07 Apr 04

that looks an interesting idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…