Help recovering files from formatted HDD please.

Indigo 1 18:08 21 Mar 04

I am looking for a freeware or shareware application to recover a small file from a formatted HDD, even a demo would do if it allows a couple of files to be recovered.

The ones I have tried to download and use are from the PCA download page but one of them will not allow recovery unless you purchase full version and the other only seems to work for W9X.

I am using WXP Pro.

Indigo 1 19:36 21 Mar 04

^Bump^

Still no response ?

Paranoid Android 20:01 21 Mar 04

OK Depends how familiar you are with the process. The best recovery utilities work in hex.

Here are links to Drive Rescue and Davory which you could try :

click here

click here

This is the most important bit - if possible, clone the damaged media first, then work on the clone. If this not possible, at the very least do not do anything that would cause data to be written to the media you are trying to recover.

Be prepared that you may not be able to recover any data. Although it is theoretically possible to recover data even after it has been overwritten several times, this requires extremely sophisticatd equipment such as magnetic force scanning tunnelling microscopes. That said, however, the above packages have quite a good success rate if used properly.

Good luck.

Marvin

Indigo 1 21:40 21 Mar 04

Cheers Marvin

BTW how's Ford these days ? is he still having problems with those "Eddies in the space-time continuum"?

;o)

Indigo 1 15:51 22 Mar 04

Well I am gonna have to tick the box, it seems that I can't recover the files I wanted. Not to worry it wasn't too important and I still have a paper copy of all the info but it would have been nice to recover the original.

Thanks to Marvin the Paranoid Android for those links.

Say hello to Ford, Zaphod and Slartibartfast for me when you see them.

Think I'll just go and boil my head, I'm so depressed......;o(

Paranoid Android 21:24 22 Mar 04

I suppose you think that going on like that will make people feel sorry for you. Don't bother, it doesn't work. I should know.

Don't feel you have to thank me, I'm just a menial robot. Nobody takes any notice of me.

Marvin

;-]

We apologise for the inconvenience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…