Help recovering files.

wesparmalee 17:21 30 Apr 05

I just re-formatted my hard drive and backed up most of my important files.I put the bulk of these files onto cdr for safe keeping,the problem is that there was a problem with some of the disks used,and some mp3 music files i had are now unavailable.I want to try and recover these files directly from the hard drive,but after re-formatting i'm not sure if this is now possible.Can anyone advise me of the easiest way to do this.I'm using Windows XP.I have a program called restorer 2000,but it says to install it on a seperate drive,as this can spoil the chances of recovering files if it's on the same hard disk as the original deleted files.I only have the one hard disk,so i'm not sure of the best way to do this,please help.Thanks.

bremner 17:25 30 Apr 05

The reason it says put it on a different drive is so that you do not overwrite the files you are trying to recover. This will be the case with any of the freely available programs that can recover deleted files.

Formatting does not delete data but by installing programs on a formatted drive you will start to overwrite that data making it unrecoverable.

At the end of the day you may be lucky or you may not.

VoG II 17:26 30 Apr 05

Drive Rescue click here and run it from a floppy.

davinstanley 02:34 21 Nov 05

I used [url=click here]Easeus DataRecoveryWizard[/url] to recover my lost files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…