Help to recover the password for computer network

PC_HelpMe 18:14 01 Oct 10

Hi folks,

I hope you can help me. I have just got a Kindle (ebook reader) from Amazon and am trying to set up the wireless network. It is asking for my Wireless Network name and a password. I think I have the Wireless Network name so have entered that - but have no idea what the password would be - is there anything I can enter into my computer to give me the password I would have set up?

The password may well be printed ON the Router.

Woolwell 18:23 01 Oct 10

If you can enter the router's configuration page you may well be able to find it.

thms 18:41 01 Oct 10

Had the same problem with my Kindle. I had forgotten the password so went to configuration page on router and reset the password. Had to reset password on everything connected to network though.
Have now written it down for future reference.

PC_HelpMe 20:20 01 Oct 10

Have now found the info - thanks folks - problem now is trying to get the thing to connect - it keeps finding the network, but showing absolutely no signal for it so "unable to connect". Grrr.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…