help Re: Statutory rights

Arokh. 17:49 08 Jan 03
  Arokh. 17:49 08 Jan 03

I bought a item from Dabs and have just had a email from them saying my item has physically left dabs, but in the email one of the Claus is

(All deliveries will be considered as received in good condition unless you specifically
sign as 'damaged' or 'opened' etc. 'Unchecked' will not be accepted as a valid status)

is one of the Statutory rights that is use receive a parcel, you can put unchecked.
I was going to, as the parcel is not mine but my eleven year old nephew's so I can not open it.

The parcel has not arived yet but what should i do?
Regards Arokh
TIA

Sir Radfordin™ 18:02 08 Jan 03

It could be a bit complicated. As far as I know its not one of the Statutory rights to be able to accept a parcel and put unchecked to cover yourself.

It may however be the case that you could claim the terms and conditions imposed by Dabs are unfair as they were imposed after you had ordered. But you would have to check the small print to see if it was anywhere on the site.

If you are the one who has paid for the goods then the contract is between you and dabs and not your nephew.

I think you would be best checking the product yourself. It may need you to explain to the kid why but better to be safe than sorry.

BRYNIT 18:18 08 Jan 03

I dont think they can impose this Claus.

Read this
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017