Help Re: Connecting N97 To My Belkin G Router

skthecat 08:13 25 Nov 09

Morning, I have Virgin broadband connected to a Belkin G Router, I used to have my Nokia N95 connected to it as well as my laptop. I now have a new phone and want to do the same but I cannot find the key (I wrote it down, but have severely misslaid it) How do I find out this key? I seem to remember logging on to a Belkin site and getting this WEP/Other key from that, but I cannot now find the site I got it from last time!!! Please help???
Rgds;

Karl

Forum Editor 17:14 25 Nov 09

from Mobile World.

skthecat 08:29 26 Nov 09

Help, I am getting desperate!!!!!

skthecat

rawprawn 08:58 26 Nov 09

I think this may be what you want
type 192.168.2.1 into your address bar and follow instuctions

rawprawn 09:12 26 Nov 09

Strange I can't get that number to open, but it is the set up number for my old Belkin Router.
Try googling belkin url router code, you will find a lot of posts and most suggest the number I gave you.
If all ellse fails click here
for Belkin support

BRYNIT 09:57 26 Nov 09

rawprawn the number you have supplied is correct but will only work if you have a belkin router.

woodchip 10:16 26 Nov 09

As above you first need to get into your Router Setup Page using Internet Explorer and type the correct address into the bar at the top Page is built into router its not on the net like many think. After you get in look under Wireless for the Encryption key write it down for you Phone or if you connect to your pc with usb it will not need the key

woodchip 10:18 26 Nov 09

To connect with USB you would need to download and install Active Sink software click here

skthecat 18:28 26 Nov 09

It is a Belkin G Router by the way, XP, Virgin, my current wi fi connection works, but I need to add another one.....

Wether I use number 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.2.2 all I get is;

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

??????????? I have emailed Belkin via their support centre, but nothing! despite a 24 hr guarantee!!!!!!

HELP PLEASE

skthecat 11:22 27 Nov 09

Hi, its been nearly 2 days and Belkin have not responded. Is their anyone out there that can shed some light on this issue??????

Bssically the IP Address & Default Gateway address, when typed into my browsers; and I have tried I.E & Firefox; nothing happens!!
[see the details below re the adresses I have typed and the reulting messages......

Connection-specific DNS Suffix : Belkin

Ip Address...............: 192.168.2.2
Subnet Mask..............: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway..........: 192.168.2.1

When I type either of these in italics
into my web browser, I get;

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected
to the Internet.

The website is
encountering problems.

There might be a
typing error in the address.

I am now really desperate!!

Please, any ideas at all??
Rgds
skthecat

woodchip 14:57 27 Nov 09

Try this in the address bar

http: //192.168.1.1

close the space up when you type it between : // then press the enter button I have done it with the space so PCA did not change it to a Click Hear

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…