HELP! Randex.G virus sending pc mad!!! HELP!

ikle_pixie 17:03 14 Nov 03

I've done a scan of my pc using Trend micro and it found several worms and a trojan. All the worms being the randex. Im having great difficulty getting rid of it. Norton is being of no use at all. The anti-virus never picked it up and the email proxy is constantly popping up all over my screen with error messages about it not beig able to send the e-mails. Ive disables the ingoing and outgoing scan of emails...at the moment there dont seem to be anymore popping up but i cant get rid of the ones that are on my screen without more replacing them. Im doing another scan with norton to see if it picks anything up this time but apart from that im completely boggeled! Can someone help!? I've got windows 2000....i dont seem to be doing to well with the viruses lately, i dont know where this one has come from to be quite honest. HELP!!

Gongoozler 17:20 14 Nov 03

Hi ikle_pixie. You say that Norton is no use, however on they give removal instructions here - click here

johnnyrocker 17:22 14 Nov 03

you will find it has attacked norton first, go to either click here or click here get on line virus scan from either of these d/load and run spy bot from click here, while cleansing you will have to disable system restore.

johnny.

Belatucadrus 17:41 14 Nov 03

As it's a worm, you could also try a worm killer like Stinger or avast! Virus Cleaner click here

ikle_pixie 17:56 14 Nov 03

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…