Help with a Purchase?

Goldfox 00:08 02 Aug 05

I bought my pc and it had windows xp on. I need to format my computer and went to pc world abd bought a disk for the home edition. They have sold me the upgrade version and i was wondering if i can use this to format my computer and set it up again. thanks

Stuartli 00:23 02 Aug 05

Why did you need to format the system?

Stuartli 00:23 02 Aug 05

Sorry, should be why do you need to reformat the system?

Tim1964 00:25 02 Aug 05

Goldfox,

Did your PC come with a restore disk?

Goldfox 00:51 02 Aug 05

i need to format because basically i want to start from fresh:D. No it come with nothing except the actual pc.

Dan the Doctus 01:04 02 Aug 05

If I were you, I'd go back and get the full XP home edition since that was what you originally wanted (I assume). You can then format the disc and install it easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Goldfox 01:45 02 Aug 05

It was 260 quid. I aint paying that.

Completealias 02:11 02 Aug 05

The full retail version from there website is £155.98 click here or you could get an OEM version from ebuyer for around the 50quid mark

Goldfox 02:12 02 Aug 05

whats the oem version?

Completealias 02:24 02 Aug 05

OEM Stands for original equipment manufacture its a full copy of xp but unlike the retail version you do not get any support from microsoft, also with the retail version when you get a new machine you can install that copy of xp on it providing you have uninstalled it from the other machine first with an OEM version you can not do it, the license is for one machine only.

Goldfox 02:25 02 Aug 05

Pc World will not giv me a cash refund. Thats a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…