Help producing VCD

Dark Knight 20:54 01 Jul 06

I am trying to produce a 'slideshow' or similar that I can get to loop through continuosly on a tv screen via a DVD player. I asked a few days back the best way of doing this and creating a vcd was suggested.....

details here
click here

I have subsequently produced a VCD using Nero 5.5. Although the cd runs on the DVD player it will only move pictures via manual control (I want them to automatically run through based on a pre define timing). Similarly I want the pictures to loop back to the beginning when finishing - thus making the show continuous.

Can I do this in Nero 5.5 (or 6)? If so where are the options to do this? If not can anybody recommend any software which would enable me to do this?

Cheers

john-232317 21:08 01 Jul 06

Try this free program Picasa click here

Dark Knight 22:37 01 Jul 06

... The gift cd seems to save the files to cd and therefore relies on the DVD player to have the capability to loop through. Also, and importantly, I could not make the picyures loop. once it had passed through once the screen reverts to the directory.

What I would like is a continuos loop and , if possible, the pictures to run through without needing any input from the DVD player.... i.e. like playing a DVD....

Dark Knight 17:04 02 Jul 06

please?

Dark Knight 18:27 02 Jul 06

Following a lot of playing and searching I have now found how to put a delay between the pictures (please no round of applause) and have got a nice 'slideshow' running on my TV screen.

However, is it possible to get the cd to continuously loop? Or can that only be done via the dvd player? If it can be done (Nero V5.5) how do I achieve it?

Bagsey 20:20 02 Jul 06

Try DVD Pixplay . I have not got the url at the moment but if you google Dvd Pixplay it will find it. There is a free trial download which gives you the chance to try it out with a slideshow of upto 50 slides. The full version is only £20.00 and I think well worth the money. It has a lot of control variations that are available and will burn VCDs Svcds Xvcds DvDs etc etc. No need for Nero although that can be used if you wish. I have just completed a very large slide show of our last holiday on the Nile with I think 600 slides. All of which can be given their own timing if you wish together with background music.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…