HELP!! Problems with word

galatic door 14:19 17 Jan 03
  galatic door 14:19 17 Jan 03

I am running windows 2000 and office 2000.
When i open MS Word i don't see any toolbars at all, not even file,tools, etc..
I have contacted Microsoft but they have not got back to me.
I have checked that the toolbars are not hidden which they are not. reinstallation of MS Word dosen't work as it just picks up the settings from before.
Any more info required, just ask

Thanks

CliffP 14:26 17 Jan 03

pressing Alt+V - this should bring down the View menu for you to reset your toolbars...

Diemmess 16:05 17 Jan 03

My daughter and a friend both had the same problem I re-installed without success.

The in this forum there was a spell when every flaw was blamed on Word's Normal template.

The cure it seems and it worked for my friend (over the phone) is to find Normal.dot and delete it. It may lurk in more than one place if you have a data backup somewhere but provide there is a Word icon as part of the find....delete it!

Not so daft as it sounds because on the next time you run Word it makes a new copy -"jus-like-that" and everything behaves as it should.

galatic door 16:17 17 Jan 03

thank you for your help guys but i have decided to upgrade to office xp along with windows as well

short-circuit 21:42 17 Jan 03

Is there any possibility that Word has been switched to full screen view? You can put it back to normal view by pressing the escape key on the keyboard.

Scott.

BlueMeanie 00:08 18 Jan 03

Try the following - its worked for me on several occasions:

Start, Find, Files or Folders, and then type in Winword.exe

Note the full path shown, but it will probably be as follows (two lines below) :

Now Start, Run and type the following command line:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe /a

Note that the above is the path found - followed a space - forward slash - a

Give it a try and let me known the results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…