Help printing documents

When i print docs especially in excel where text is in cells it always prints right on the line of the cell. It looks perfect in print preview and the alignment is as it should be i.e verticle, centre, but dont print right. Any ideas?

woodchip 21:24 18 Oct 05

Do you need the lines. as in printer when you select print you should be able to just select print contents only

yes I need the lines

woodchip 21:30 18 Oct 05

This may not be excel problem, I can only try as I use different Office suite. It may be that the Printer Properties Differ from you excel print properties, and may be conflicting. Go to Start\Settings\Printers right click Printer\Properties check the settings are the same as excel i.e Landscape etc

Still not sorted this. Any more suggestions please?

Chris the Ancient 20:21 20 Oct 05

Bear with me as I try to explain what I was told some time back about this problem...

And I have no reason to disbelieve it (unless someone else knows the real reason).

It seems that Excel is part graphics (all the lines and stuff) and part text (all the cell contents). And because of that, not all printers line up the two together in an exact way when all the info is downloaded. Just like both yours and mine. Hence your slightly incorrect print.

I've just learned to live with it by doing a couple of test prints before I save the print parameters. A pain in the proverbial and I would be just as interested in an exact and working answer as you!

CtA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…